One-Bowl Banana Cake
I’m all for no-fuss recipes, especially when I’m short on time! Sometimes a quick one bowl recipe can be all it takes to bake the most delicious desserts and school lunch box fillers. Here is my delicious recipe for a quick and easy dairy free, nut free, sugar free Banana Cake using our Pure Origins Wild Flower honey.
4 Ripe Bananas Mashed (Medium)
½ cup Olive Oil
4 tablespoons of Pure Origins Honey (I like to use Pure Origins Wild Flower as it has a rich caramel flavor)
5 Medjool Dates (pitted and chopped)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 ½ cups of self-raising flour
Pre-heat oven to 180°C (350°F)
1. Mash Bananas in your mixing bowl with a fork.
2. Add oil, eggs, honey, dates, vanilla and mix to combine.
3. Add flour, cinnamon and mix to combine.
4. Pour into a 22cm round cake tin or loaf tin lined with baking paper
5. Bake for approx. 40mins or until skewer comes out clean.
6. Stand in tin for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool...or try it still warm, it's delicious!
This recipe can be modified in many ways. Try using with any of our Pure Origins Honey Range.